Tuesday, November 27, 2007

London Ink


I tried to like this new tattoo spin-off that aired tonight on TLC. There's just no comparison to Miami Ink and LA Ink regarding quality of tattoos and personal stories of the customers. The narrator is dull and pronounces it "tut-oo". Louis Molloy is shop owner and famous for the huge backpiece on David Beckham of an angel with his head bowed. Along with him is grafitti style artist Dan Gold, japanese style New Zealander Nikole Lowe, and New Yorker Phil Kyle. After watching the premiere episode, I really like Dan Gold. He has had some hardships in the tattoo industry and his personal life and is striving to get better which I admire. He's somewhat of a ladies man, managing to tattoo a koi fish on a hot Britsh model. He's pretty cute with his glasses, spade neck tattoo and matching spade earring. Just disregard the teeth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, the narrator is british, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise if he pronounces "tattoo" a bit differently than the americans. Customer stories/backgrounds; can't really compare them IMO and as for the quality of tattoos, I personally have preferred the overall results seen in London Ink if compared to Miami Ink (Chris Garver is awesome though and Ami's just annoying), though probably my fav art has been done in LA Ink.