
OK, here's the second attempt at my lemon bars. I originally had bought Krusteaz Lemon Bar Mix
and tried the variation where you use cream cheese to make Amazing Lemon Cheesecake Bars. They came out miserable! I don't know what happened but the crust stuck to the pan, the cream cheese cracked down the middle and the sides browned while the middle stayed jiggly. I was so pissed off I looked up another recipe online from a blog and went to the 24-hour grocery store to get more ingredients. This recipe called for cardamom, so in my midnight stupor I bought a $12 bottle of cardamom to use a 1/4 of a teaspoon. I don't like how these came out either because the crust it too thick, but they're better than the original ones and made from scratch. Update: I later learned that lemon bars are really hard to make from scratch so I feel a little accomplishment.
No comments:
Post a Comment