Friday, March 21, 2008

Vegas Part 4: Nobu

Well, how did the Nobu dinner go that I was so excited to make the reservation for a month in advance?  Things got off to a kind of rocky start between Danny and I, which was probably both of our faults.  I had researched Nobu extensively and I knew I wanted these two dishes: Rock Shrimp Tempura and Cod with Miso Sauce.  Our waiter gave off this very friendly vibe and I instantly liked him.  He also recommended the Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno and I trusted him and ordered that as well.  I told him we would probably order sushi after we ate these three things.  When he left, Danny looked at me like an evil crime just took place.  He said he didn't even get to order, and he hates jalapeno and cod.  I tried to assure him that these would be small plates and he could order all the sushi but Danny was still upset.  I guess it was a control/chef thing because I never ordered for him before.  The end result of the three dishes was fabulous (thank god!).

I didn't get a pic of the yellowtail because I was a little upset, but here is the Rock Shrimp Tempura.



The sushi -Tuna roll, California Roll, and Spider Roll.  The Spider Roll was wrapped in a Daikon radish, something Danny and I had never seen done before.



Mochi ice cream for dessert, AMAZING!  I can't remember all the flavors, but the greenish one was green tea and that was my favorite!  

Warning:  Once you eat here, you'll never want to eat sushi at a mediocre place again!  That's how fresh the fish was.  After the initial drama, we really had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT looks delicious! I'd go back to Vegas just to hit up that restaurant with your exact order! Way to research, Deanna! I want to go on vacation with YOU next time - fo sho! :)

Adam Mayflower said...

Yeah bring me too. Deanna, you take really good pictures of food. Impressive.