Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sublime Stitching

I'm slightly pack-ratish.  I have no problem throwing out junk mail and clothes, but there are a couple of boxes of stuff I have that I just can't let go.  Love letters.  18 and 21st birthday and graduation cards. Ticket stubs from my trip to Europe in '96.  Old Diaries.  Of course when I try to "clean" all this stuff, I just end up re-reading everything and putting it back.  It was during this attempt at cleaning that I found an old stamped cross stitch embroidery kit of roses still in the package.  I decided that I wanted to start this project since I had such good memories of doing embroidery as a kid.  

I went to Michael's and bought 8 colors of embroidery thread, a hoop, and embroidery needles. Threading the needle took a little time to remember, but as I started making small X's in the rose petals, the familiarity of holding the needle and the technique came right back to me. After this project, which is just a small piece that you frame to hang on the wall, I want to order something from Sublime Stitching. Wouldn't it be cool to stitch this on an apron?
       
Or further express my love of sushi?  I would wear an embroidered shirt that said I heart sushi!

I'm very excited about my new hobby!  Maybe I'll just have to quit my job and sell my embroidered wares full time.  That is if I can complete them....

No comments: