I've been ordering off the internet ever since I got my first credit card at age 18 and haven't had too many problems. I recently ordered 4 pairs of underwear from Victoria's Secret using a $20.00 giftcard and a $10.00 coupon code. I ended up only putting $1 and change on my Victoria's Secret credit card for the balance. Great, right? Well my first mistake is I did this the day after Christmas. I couldn't help it, I had received all gift cards for Christmas and wanted something tangible!!!! The next week I received a package from VS in the mail. I excitedly opened it and received a tan henley sweater. I was so dissapointed! On the outside it had my address (of course) and on the inside bill it had a woman's address in Georgia. I called Victoria's Secret customer service and told them what happened and how some lady in Georgia has my underwear and they assured me that my order didn't ship yet and to wait until January 10. Well, January 10 came and went and I didn't get anything. On my 4th call back to customer service, I said I need to get this resolved. The guy only wanted to refund me $9 because they said I used a $10 coupon. No, I told him, the bill would have been 30-something if I didn't use the coupon, I paid $21! He said he would refund me the difference. THEN, I get an email saying I was still being charged for shipping! I was so pissed. I wrote them a gem of a letter:
SUBJECT: Fix my refund!!!!!!!
I never received my order. I talked to customer service 4 times trying to resolve this. Now I get an email saying I'm being refunded 19.85. That's not right. I used a $20.00 gift card and I had $1.45 charged to my VS card account. I want $21.45 refunded to me. If you have to refund it to me back in the form of a $20.00 gift card and $1.45 credit to the VS card account, that's fine. I received NOTHING so I don't understand why I'm being shorted money on my refund. I am very weary about shopping at Victoriassecret.com in the future because of all this hassle. Here is a copy of my first email way back on Dec 26, 2007.
copy of email
Please do the right thing and credit me my full refund. The $20.00 gift card was a Christmas gift from my sister and she will be upset to learn that I'm being shorted for something that wasn't my fault.
Thank you,
Deanna X
I basically had to create a sob story in order for them to listen to me! The next day I got the whole $21.45 refunded. I know it was only a couple of dollars, but why should I have to pay any money for a mistake I didn't make?
Lesson learned: Don't order online the day after Christmas!
1 comment:
Yikes! I'm glad it ended the way you needed it to.
Post a Comment