Monday, January 14, 2008

Balls and Blueberries

This weekend I had the honor of being invited to two formal dinners by Danny's parents. On Saturday, I attended an Inaugural Ball because Danny's parents are friends with the mayor. It was a black tie affair with a four course dinner. I ended up finding a dress at Target to wear to this, on sale! The dress flowed nicely and I loved the lace back! Danny's dad made a speech introducing the mayor and numerous congressmen (and women) made speeches as well.

Sunday Danny's parents were inducted into their high school's hall of fame and received an award for the service they give to the community. This included another, more informal dinner and MORE SPEECHES because 8 athletes were also inducted for their athletic accomplishments. I'm glad his parents received this award because they truly do donate their time and energy to their community and church out of the kindness of their hearts. They are really nice people and I'm lucky to be associated with them through Danny. Wow, this blog post is turning into a speech.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm on a huge blueberry kick right now. Here are some things I've tried that I love!

Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry Herbal Tea - It tastes like you're drinking a warm blueberry muffin.

¡Hola Fruta! Pomegranate & Blueberry Pure Fruit Sherbet - I never had these flavors together in a sherbet and they really compliment each other. I ate half the carton in one sitting.

Trident Wild Blueberry Twist - Yep, a blueberry gum! This one also has a hint of pomegranate and is good when you want to change it up from mint gum or whatever.

1 comment:

Adam Mayflower said...

Guys love the little black dress. What's great is that every one is somehow a little different. A true staple of American pop culture.