Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Delmonico's

One of Danny's friends said all he wanted for his birthday was for Danny and I to eat at Delmonico's Steakhouse with he and his girlfriend. How could we not oblige his birthday wishes? I started with a $12 glass of wine, a Sauvignon Blanc from Cakebread Cellars.  Not a huge steak fan, I had Seared Sea Scallops over butternut squash, brussels sprouts, purple potatoes, pancetta and hazelnuts. Pretty much everything I love in life (yes, I love brussels sprouts!).  
Danny had a steak which was basically a huge piece of meat on a plate so no pretty pic.  I have never heard him say such wonderful things about a steak, and that's amazing coming from a guy who makes steaks all day.  He had truffled cream corn on the side and said it lacked the "truffled" part.  

We were able to use a $25 gift card from Christmas, which makes me happy because gift cards burn a hole in my pocket.  All in all a great time!

No comments: