Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thirsty Dog and Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bet

I'm lucky I have a friend who's husband goes out of town probably the same amount of time that Danny works. Last night she promised her coworkers she would go to somebody's birthday party at the Thirsty Dog Brewery in Akron and she needed me to take her husband's spot who was in Chicago. I was by myself with no plans so I was excited to go. We pull up and wonder if we're in the right spot because it looks very industrial but then we realize that her coworker rented out a room in the brewery not open to the public. I just started to tolerate beer within the past few years so I was ok with trying some. I tried the Pumpkin Ale and the Raspberry Ale which were both very good. I'm lame and have no pictures.

This year we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house! Danny and I have a bet going on right now regarding dessert! I found a pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe with a pretzel crust on the Whole Foods website that I was going to make. My mom asked me what to bring and I forwarded the recipe to her and she said she would make it. Well Danny has never seen my mom make a home made dessert in the 8 years we've been together because she likes to buy stuff from the bakery. So we bet $5 - I win if she makes the pumpkin cheesecake recipe and he wins if she brings store bought bakery. I'm putting my faith in her, I hope she comes through and I can prove Danny wrong! Just for fun, even though my mom doesn't have a facebook, I posted this:

1 comment:

kirstie said...

Raspberry Ale sounds amazing!