Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving was great this year! Danny and I hosted for the first time and he did all the cooking. We did two turkeys - one roasted in the oven (with lots of butter)



And one in a smoker


The reason the only two pictures I have of the turkeys is when they are raw is because hosting is exhausting and I was running around non-stop the rest of the day.

Then I decided that I wanted to try Black Friday shopping for three items - two ipods and a Mr. Coffee Keurig maker. If we bought all those items, we would get $85 back in Target gift cards and I go to Target all the time, especially for groceries, so it was worth it to me. After passing out at 8 pm after our hosting duties, Danny and I headed to Target at 12:15 am and saw the craziness that is Black Friday for the first time. We waited outside the doors for only 15 minutes, but once inside the line for the electronics section was about an hour. I got to see the people pushing carts with the huge flat screen TVs and discovered that the hot ticket item that many people were there for was the Dr. Dre's Beats headphones! Who knew? Those sold out while we were waiting in line. We managed to get the two ipods at the counter and pay for the coffeemaker and get outta there so it was a successful trip. I rewarded Danny and our other friend who met up with us with slushies on our way out. I don't think the slushie machine was meant to be on at 1 am at Target because Danny managed to overflow his like a geyser, probably because it was too soft!

Saturday night my friends invited me over for game night. I jokingly asked if we were going to play her original 1990s game of Mall Madness because I know my friend M has it and when I got there, look what was set up waiting for me

I didn't think they would take me seriously! Yeah I realized I'm not so good at Mall Madness. I kept running out of money!

Then to add more to the weekend, I promised my friend who is a comedian we would see him perform at Hilarities in downtown Cleveland. I was wanting Chipolte earlier but Danny and I wanted to go somewhere downtown so we settled on Zocolo, a Mexican grill with the menu designed by food network chef Aaron Sanchez.

I've been wanting to try it and I liked the little fundido appetizer we shared and the mango avocado margarita I got.

I would love to go back get the goat cheese quesadilla, that sounded amazing! The comedy show was just what Danny and I needed. It felt good to laugh. We also drove past some Christmas lights in downtown Cleveland.


I love action packed weekends like that! Makes the days off stretch so much longer!

No comments: