Monday, September 22, 2008

Step away from the fast-food!

Danny and I did something that neither of us have done before.  We went to two fast food restaurants in one day!  For lunch Danny met me at a free-standing Chick-Fil-A which opened a couple of months ago.  That was a nice break to my work day since I'm always alone on my lunch break.  It was a little stressful in there though with small kids running around, two disneyesque characters dressed as cows, balloons everywhere and a play land.  And the kids were deathly scared of the cows!  I asked Danny to get me some honey mustard sauce and I guess they wouldn't give it to him unless he hugged the cow character.  Where's my camera at times like these!  

Then in the evening, we decided to go Sonic which was in it's opening week.  I thought it was so unfair to be tempted by those Sonic commercials on cable and not have one around, so when Danny and I found out one was being built in Cleveland we were so excited to go.  He only gets one day off a week so two fast food restaurants in one day it is!  I personally wanted to go not for the food but for those cool slushies.  This place had much of the same as Chick-Fil-A with craziness, kids and this time a Sonic character dancing around.  Danny does this thing he calls "shotgunning it".  Basically he has no idea what he wants to order and when prompted at the speaker orders a crazy combination of food, this time a corn dog, chili dog, double cheeseburger, tater tots and jalapeno poppers (for me).  And we got my beloved slushie, a lemon lime concoction, plus a fried ice cream Sonic Blast that was staring at us the whole time on our personal menu board and loudspeaker.  Yeah, my body felt like I betrayed it for a day.  But it was so much fun!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

For Sonic, it's so worth it! We don't have Chick-Fil-A either, but good thing we don't see their commercials or it'd be another story. I really want to try that fried ice cream thing, looks so good! But a strawberry lime slushie is divine.