Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sad day in desert land


Today I used my last gift card for Rita's Italian Ices . So sad that I won't be going as often now that I actually have to pay! It's such a simple concept - they mix homemade Italian ices with creamy frozen custard. If you get custard layered on the Italian ice it's called a Gelati. A Milkshake like blend of ice and custard is a Misto and a Blizzardesque blend of ice, custard and cookies is a Blendini. Basically it's all the same stuff mixed in different ways. The vanilla creamy custard with the more watery Italian ices is what makes it so great together. I've had all three and still my favorite is lemonade italian ice with vanilla custard in a Gelati. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Italian ice. The only downside is that they don't make all the flavors every day so lemonade might not be there every time. For all of you who love Pinkberry, come to the Midwest and try Rita's, it's better! (I've tried both)

No comments: