Friday, February 11, 2011

Triumphant Return!


I'm making my triumphant return to blogging because of this post by Mrs. Penguin on Weddingbee. After a horrible and depressing 2009, Danny proposed to me in August 2010 and we are getting married in September 2011! And we plan on incorporating carnival food and elements in our wedding! It was meant to be!

I've been reading weddingbee since 2006. I stumbled upon it in the craziest way. I was searching for ideas for a wedding shower for my (now) FSIL. I found this thing called a blog that described a bridal shower they threw and was fascinated by it. Back in the day almost all blogs used to link to their other favorite blogs on the sidebar. I clicked on a blog and this person kept referring to herself as Mrs. Lime and wouldn't show her face. I then discovered these were monikers for brides-to-be on weddingbee. I added it to my google reader and have been reading non-stop for the past 4 years.

I will have to say, reading about other people's weddings and actually planning your own wedding is totally different! Nobody talks about how frustrating it is when your date is booked everywhere! There have been some angry tears shed on my part already regarding difficult wedding decisions. But at the same time I am incredibly happy to have all this support from friends and family!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Really excited that you are back into blogging!! Ps we need a club for Deannas & Dans that are married :)