
I have to admit, I borrowed this book from the library for it's title and cover. It was a little slow moving at first, but towards the end I was reading until 2 am to finish it! Sometimes I like stories about small town folk and this book about a girl yearning to move to Atlanta from Ringgold, GA fit the bill. For example, Catherine Grace saves money to move to Atlanta by starting a homemade jam business! The book is set in the 70's and I guess it was a simpler time back then, especially in the south. The fact that the Greyhound bus stop is at the Dairy Queen that she goes to everyday is really symbolic and the story does get better after she finally steps on that bus.
3 comments:
sounds like a cool book!
hiya
Just saying hello while I read through the posts
hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.
oh how I wish things were so simple I could survive by opening a canning business! looks like a good read!
Post a Comment