Saturday, November 29, 2008

How to avoid Christmas shopping

Christmas shopping is stressing me out this year. I just want to buy everyone gift cards and call it a day. I felt very relaxed today because of this much needed 4 day weekend so I decided to drive around randomly and avoid any mall or buying any type of Christmas gift. Here's what I did:
-Went to Plato's Closet to return a shirt that I didn't feel like trying on and was too small.
-Went to the thrift store (The Salvation Army). I haven't been to one in many years so I decided to look at sweaters for myself. When I was looking in the housewares section I tried to find something cool like a hip hop tape or sword like Napoleon Dynamite at Deseret Industries, but no luck.

Source

I ended up with a powder blue Celebrity Cruises hoodie, a striped Gap shirt, a maroon Reebok long sleeved workout shirt, a nice mug and a rolling pin. Random, huh?
-Went to Giant Eagle and bought toilet paper, toothpaste and aluminum foil.
-Went to a pet store to look at the puppies. These two chihuahua puppies wouldn't stop staring at me! They were so cute! I bought Meatball some rawhides and peanut butter biscuits.
-Went to Dunkin Donuts and got a Coffee Coolata. It was yummy.

I can't wait to see how the thrift store finds look after a good washing, which is what I'm doing right now. I'm going to make an effort to look at thrift stores more often because it will save me money and is good for the environment by wearing recycled clothes and using recycled goods. For every 10 shrunken sweaters there's at least a couple barely worn nice ones to buy.

1 comment:

Cassaundra said...

thanks for commenting my blog post -
christmas shopping is a bitch.

i hope this week is better for us :-D

-cassaundra