Last January I had a party for some important OSU game (I don't know, Danny planned it). One of Danny's friends made this amazing corn dip that I couldn't stop eating. I emailed her for the recipe and made it this Thanksgiving Eve where we had a get together at a friend's house. It was a huge hit, and next time I will definately double it because it was gone in literally 10 minutes. This is my transition into making savory foods because generally all I know how to do is bake.
Awesome Corn Dip
2- 15 oz. cans yellow sweet corn (I use organic)
1- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles (I use Rotelle)
1- 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teasp. each: chile powder, garlic powder, cumin
salt and pepper
fresh cilantro
Mix all ingredients except cilantro together and put into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Stir in cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips and Fritos Scoops.
2 comments:
That sounds amazingly simple and delish. I must try that. I just heart warm dips.
Hahaha! I'm glad you asked about the foil wrappers. I usually separate the paper from the foil wrappers and use them both. I think the paper liners are there to make it easier to separate the foils ones. But they work fine too, so it's like getting twice the liners! On the cupcakes you commented, I left the paper liners inside the foil liners when I baked them. Simply because I was in a hurry and didn't feel like pulling them apart.
I always bake my foil wrappers in a pan. I've never tried using them on a regular pan, but I guess it's possible.
I hoped I answered your question! :D
Post a Comment