Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sparx in the City


My friends convinced me to go to this annual art show where you can take a trolley to different art galleries that are a huge pain to drive to individually. We parked at Little Italy and took the trolley to Tremont, where I normally would never go on my own. We went to a craft show type thing in tents on an open field. Then we walked to an awesome art gallery called Banyan Tree that had pretty much everything cool you see online and in magazines. What I love about Tremont is that is extremely pet friendly - almost everyone had a dog with them, and there were stray kittens running around in and out of the art galleries. To top the almost perfect day off, we went to Tremont Scoops, a quirky ice cream parlor complete with a mural featuring dogs eating ice cream on a checkerboard floor. They sell the ice cream cones by weight, so you can control exactly how much they give you. I had banana pudding which had a sign by it that said best flavor award (I don't know who gave the awards out) and it was extremely good. This day was too good to be true because going home we got stuck in horrendous traffic on the trolley. The Cleveland Browns AND Indians game let out at once and it took us 45 minutes to even get back to our parked car. I'm glad I went.....I never do anything cultural and I felt like I was a visitor to Cleveland since I have never visited these places before. Definately will be back next year!

No comments: